his presentation should address the following: History, values and worldview, language and communication patterns, art and other expressive forms, norms and rules, lifestyle characteristics, relationship patterns, rituals, degree of assimilation or marginalization from mainstream society, and health behaviors and practices. In addition to describing these characteristics, the presentation must include (a) a comparative and contrast analysis of common characteristics and distinguishing traits between the groups, (and (b) a discussion of differential approaches needed by health care professionals. Grades will also be based on the overall quality of the professional presentation including handouts and references
A minimum of 3 evidence-based references (except the textbook) and 15 slides are required.
Expert Solution Preview
In this presentation, we will discuss the characteristics and differences between two groups in terms of history, values and worldview, language and communication patterns, art and other expressive forms, norms and rules, lifestyle characteristics, relationship patterns, rituals, degree of assimilation or marginalization from mainstream society, and health behaviors and practices. We will also explore the comparative and contrasting analysis of these characteristics and discuss the differential approaches needed by healthcare professionals in providing care to these groups. Additionally, the overall quality of the professional presentation, including handouts and references, will be considered in the grading process.
The two groups we will be examining in this presentation are Group A and Group B.
1. History: Provide a brief overview of the historical background of Group A, including significant events and influences that have shaped their identity and experiences.
2. Values and Worldview: Discuss the core values and belief systems of Group A, highlighting any cultural or religious influences that shape their worldview.
3. Language and Communication Patterns: Describe the primary language(s) spoken by Group A and any unique communication patterns or styles commonly observed within the group.
4. Art and other Expressive Forms: Explore the artistic traditions and expressive forms utilized by Group A, such as music, dance, visual arts, or storytelling.
5. Norms and Rules: Identify the social norms and rules that govern behavior within Group A, highlighting any cultural or societal expectations that may differ from mainstream society.
6. Lifestyle Characteristics: Discuss the typical lifestyle characteristics observed within Group A, including aspects such as diet, physical activity, leisure activities, and work-life balance.
7. Relationship Patterns: Examine the patterns of relationships within Group A, including family structures, gender roles, and intergenerational dynamics.
8. Rituals: Describe the important rituals and ceremonies that hold cultural or religious significance for Group A, discussing their purpose and symbolism.
9. Degree of Assimilation or Marginalization from Mainstream Society: Assess the level of assimilation or marginalization experienced by Group A in relation to the broader society, discussing any factors that contribute to this status.
10. Health Behaviors and Practices: Examine the health behaviors and practices commonly observed within Group A, including beliefs about illness, preventive care, and traditional healing practices.
1. Repeat the above steps for Group B, providing a comprehensive analysis of the characteristics and traits specific to this group.
Comparative and Contrast Analysis:
Compare and contrast the common characteristics and distinguishing traits between Group A and Group B, highlighting both similarities and differences in their history, values, language, art, norms, lifestyle, relationships, rituals, assimilation/marginalization, and health behaviors.
Differential Approaches for Healthcare Professionals:
Discuss the differential approaches needed by healthcare professionals when providing care to individuals from Group A and Group B. Consider factors such as cultural competence, communication strategies, understanding of religious and spiritual beliefs, and respect for diverse health practices.
Summarize the key findings from the presentation, emphasizing the importance of understanding and respecting the unique characteristics of different cultural or social groups in healthcare settings. Reiterate the significance of applying differential approaches to ensure effective and culturally sensitive care delivery.
APA style references and properly formatted handouts should be included in the presentation to support the information provided.